Explore the country for 10 days and 9 nights on a classic road trip of the island. Enter one of the world‘s most remarkable lava caves, relax in the milky blue waters of Mývatn Nature Baths, enjoy beautiful mountains, sparkling fjords and the East Fjords friendly fishing villages. Marvel in the beauty of Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon and go on a boat excursion to sail between floating icebergs. This self-drive tour is a great way for independent travellers to experience the best of Iceland.
- Explore the mystical Snæfellsnes peninsula
- Walk along the black sands of Djúpalónssandur beach
- Spot seals basking on the beach at Vatnsnes peninsula
- Visit Akureyri town, the capital of the north!
- Drive through spectacular scenery and volcanic sites by lake Mývatn
- Marvel at the floating icebergs on Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
- View the tall mountains and friendly fishing villages of the East Fjords
- Taste delicious lobster at Höfn
- Discover the sights of the south shore of the country
- Staff recommendations for excellent activities
Inclusions & Extras
- Accommodation for 9 nights, budget or comfort rooms with breakfast
- Rental car for 10 days, with unlimited mileage and CDW insurance (pick up & drop off in Reykjavik)
- Flybus transfer to and from airport
- E-Itinerary with the tour map, location points, and pictures for you to view before you arrive.
- Driver Guide tablet mapping and navigating your personalized journey and highlights of surrounding areas. Including a GPS Navigation system, recommendations along the way, helpful information, a messenger system to stay in touch with us, our Driver Guide will instantly become your best travel mate
- Free Wi-Fi Hotspot through tablet
- 24/7 emergency phone line service
- Taxes and service fee
We are more than happy to include a flight quote separately to your package so that you can decide if you would like to book with us or on your own. While booking flights can seem straight-forward, there are often hidden fees or classes of service that do not include seat assignments, meals or checked bags. We have been booking flights since 1985 and know the best routings and have great contracts that mean we often have better prices than what you will see online.
In Iceland, we generally try to book hotels that are at a 4 star level or higher. In some situations, we will book some 3 star or B&B properties but we do require them to be at a certain standard. We try to ensure a member of the team have stayed at each property in recent years or that we have done a site inspection.
Your first vacation quote, and up to two revisions, for trips of 9 or fewer days, and 45 days in advance of travel, are complimentary. If an itinerary requires further revisions subsequent to this, we will require a non-refundable deposit of $75 per person in order to continue.
If you are requesting a quote for a vacation that is 10 days in length, or with travel dates within 45 days, or to a non-core destination, a deposit of $75 per person will be required in order for us to begin working on your proposal.
Planning deposits can then be put towards the cost of the trip should you decide to proceed with the booking.